5 Video Marketing Strategies For Dancers
Dancing is a performing art and visual medium that works extremely well for video. If money is no object you could hire an experienced videographer and create your own music and dance video. However, like many artists, dancers do not always have a large budget for video marketing strategies. So, the following are 5 tips on video marketing strategies that you can use as a dancer to promote yourself and advance your career.
1) The first thing you want to do before you create a video marketing strategy is create a video marketing budget. Know exactly how much you can afford and want to spend on the marketing and stick to it. It will force you to get creative when the money gets tighter. One way to reduce costs is to use social marketing tools where your fan base can promote you and distribute your video link online.
2) Next, know who is looking for your type of dance skills and who’s willing to pay to hire you. So, do some research and identify your potential clients and pre-qualify them, so to speak. This makes it important to understand your target market. Find out who they are. Are they commercial production companies? Dance companies? Music video production companies or stage production companies?
3) Choose a combination of video marketing strategy tools and use them systematically. For example, social media that utilizes video is perfect. Post video regularly on Facebook, MySpace and Youtube. They are 3 of the biggest and best marketing places for a visual medium like dance.
4) One tip that may help in honing your video is looking at what other dancers are putting out. Consider it research and use it as inspiration only. Having your own website is a must. It’s the best way to get the most out of your video marketing strategies. You can optimize your site right away with the video content. You can also capture email addresses, start a blog and even send out newsletters, which will raise your ranking in the search engines making it easier for people to find you.
5) Ultimately, you want to understand who you are as a dancer and an artist and create a branding experience for yourself. What do you offer that is a bit different than every other dancer out there? Do you perform a special move that you haven’t seen done before? Do you have a combination of techniques that is unusual? If your style is more mainstream, the question becomes what is it about traditional styles of dance that interests you?
Once you’re clear about your unique point of view as an artist and dancer, then choose a branding experience that reflects that. Even as an individual it’s important to create a brand that is immediately identifiable. It will make you stand out and be remembered. Create a brand for your unique point of view as a dancer and artist and then keep that brand throughout your online and off line marketing. You could even have your brand printed up on a tote bag or on a T-shirt.
Shane Barker was just ranked the #1 Social Media Consultant in the Nation by PROskore and works with celebrities, models and athletes like Shane Sparks (@sparks5678), Brittany Dailey (@brittanydailey), Tammy Torres (@tammytorres), Adrian Ross (@maddbacker) and Stan Shaw (@stanshaw1) just to name a few.